Access to the complete content on Oxford Handbooks Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Prologue: generality as a component of an epistemological cultureKarine Chemla, Renaud Chorlay, and David Rabouin
- How general are genera? The genus in systematic zoologyYves Cambefort
- Homology: an expression of generality in the life sciencesStéphane Schmitt
- Universality versus generality: an interpretation of the dispute over tangents between Descartes and FermatEvelyne Barbin
- Algebraic generality versus arithmetic generality in the 1874 controversy between C. Jordan and L. KroneckerFrédéric Brechenmacher1 1 This work was supported by the French National Research Agency (CaaFÉ, “ANR-10-JCJC 0101”).
- Practices of generalization in mathematical physics, in biology, and in evolutionary strategiesEvelyn Fox Keller
- A process of generalization: Kummer’s creation of ideal numbersJacqueline Boniface