To get started with searching and browsing straight away, see:
Across the top of the screen is the Site header which contains links to administrative and information resources. These appear on every page:
- About links to information about Oxford Handbooks Online (OHO)
- Guided Tour and Live Demonstrations takes you on a tour of the key features of OHO
- Subscriber Services provides help and contact details for questions about your subscription, and account management facilities for library administrators
- Contact Us tells you how to contact customer services with your feedback
- Site Help opens these Help pages. The Help always opens at the section appropriate to the part of OHO you are using
You can return to the Home page from any other part of OHO by clicking on the Oxford Handbooks Online logo.
To look up a term, type it into the Search box and click or press Enter.
More information on searching:
The Browse panel is just below the search panel. You can browse the contents of the library by subject. Click on a subject to view a list of matching entries below the Browse panel. You can narrow down the list using the filter panel on the left.
The latest information about OHO. Click to subscribe to the RSS feed.
An article from OHO is featured every day. Click to subscribe to the RSS feed, or to sign up for email updates.
Your search history
Click for a list of the entries/books you have viewed most recently. Return to any of the items on the list by selecting it.
Click for a list of the searches you have run so far. Select any of the searches in the list to view its results.
The library module
The library module gives you information about your OHO account. It appears on every page.
Click to open it. To close it again click .
The name of your account is at the top of the box.
To sign out from the library, click .
You can use the library module to run a search via Google Preview, or any other library made available by your library administrator.
Type or paste the term you want to find in the Search box.
Select the library you want to search (e.g. Google Preview) from the list.
Click or press Enter.
The results of your search are displayed in another window.