Access to the complete content on Oxford Handbooks Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.
- Introduction African Histories: Past, Present, and FutureRichard Reid and John Parker
- African Colonial StatesHeather J. Sharkey
- Law, Crime, and Punishment in Colonial AfricaRichard Roberts
- Work and MigrationEmily Lynn Osborn
- ChieftaincyJustin Willis
- Between the Present and History: African Nationalism and DecolonizationJean Allman
- Visual CulturesSidney Littlefield Kasfir
- Music in Modern African HistoryVeit Erlmann
- African Literary Histories and History in African LiteraturesStephanie Newell
- Communications and Media in African HistoryJames R. Brennan