- Series Information
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Boxes
- List of Contributors
- Why Are Prices Set the Way They Are?
- Airline Pricing
- Electric Power Pricing
- Health Care Pricing in the United States: The Case of Hospitals
- Pricing in Restaurants
- Pricing of On-line Display Advertising
- Consumer Credit Pricing
- Wireless Services Pricing in the United States
- For What IT’s Worth: Pricing Internal IT Services
- Television Advertisement Pricing in the United States
- Pricing in the Cruise Line Industry
- Less-than-Truckload Pricing
- Pricing in the North American Protein Industry
- Wine Pricing in the United States
- Pricing and sales practices at the Grand Bazaar of İstanbul
- Price Theory in Economics
- Models of Demand
- Game Theory Models of Pricing
- Behavioral Issues in Pricing Management
- Customized Pricing
- Nonlinear Pricing
- Dynamic List Pricing
- Sales Promotions
- Markdown Management
- Revenue Management
- Auction Pricing
- Services Engineering: Design and Pricing of Service Features
- Pricing in Business-to-Business Contracts: Sharing Risk, Profit, and Information
- Pricing and Inventory Management
- Structuring and Managing an Effective Pricing Organization
- Global Pricing Strategy
- Using Lean Six Sigma to Improve Pricing Execution
- Mastering your Profit Destiny in Business-to-Business Settings
- Current Challenges and Future Prospects for Pricing Management
Abstract and Keywords
This article presents the authors' views on why companies should consider establishing a dedicated pricing organization, and proposes an approach for structuring such an organization. It also discusses how to effectively manage a pricing organization, and concludes with a four-step process for creating or reorganizing a pricing organization.
Michael Simonetto is the Global Leader of Deloitte’s Pricing and Profitability Management Practice. He has thirty years of work experience, across a number of industries and topics. Mike guest lectures extensively at some of the top MBA programs in the USA, and has published a significant number of pricing related articles.
Larry Montan is a Director in Deloitte Consulting LLP’s Sales Effectiveness practice. He helps companies address the sales force implications of pricing transformations, including issues related to performance metrics and pay, selling r0les, training, sales processes, organization, leadership alignment, and salesforce adoption of new pricing processes, technology, and initiatives.
Julie Meehan is a principal in Deloitte Consulting LLP’s Pricing and Profitability Management Practice. She helps companies with both strategic and operational pricing improvements, including developing pricing and sales channel strategies, improving price execution capabilities, building organizational alignment and pricing capabilities, and performing in-depth analytics to diagnese and remedy issues related to poor profitability. She frequently writes and speaks on the topic of pricing and guest lectures at several leading undergraduate and graduate programs in the US.
Junko Kaji is a writer and editor at Deloitte Services LP.
Access to the complete content on Oxford Handbooks Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.