- Series Information
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Boxes
- List of Contributors
- Why Are Prices Set the Way They Are?
- Airline Pricing
- Electric Power Pricing
- Health Care Pricing in the United States: The Case of Hospitals
- Pricing in Restaurants
- Pricing of On-line Display Advertising
- Consumer Credit Pricing
- Wireless Services Pricing in the United States
- For What IT’s Worth: Pricing Internal IT Services
- Television Advertisement Pricing in the United States
- Pricing in the Cruise Line Industry
- Less-than-Truckload Pricing
- Pricing in the North American Protein Industry
- Wine Pricing in the United States
- Pricing and sales practices at the Grand Bazaar of İstanbul
- Price Theory in Economics
- Models of Demand
- Game Theory Models of Pricing
- Behavioral Issues in Pricing Management
- Customized Pricing
- Nonlinear Pricing
- Dynamic List Pricing
- Sales Promotions
- Markdown Management
- Revenue Management
- Auction Pricing
- Services Engineering: Design and Pricing of Service Features
- Pricing in Business-to-Business Contracts: Sharing Risk, Profit, and Information
- Pricing and Inventory Management
- Structuring and Managing an Effective Pricing Organization
- Global Pricing Strategy
- Using Lean Six Sigma to Improve Pricing Execution
- Mastering your Profit Destiny in Business-to-Business Settings
- Current Challenges and Future Prospects for Pricing Management
Abstract and Keywords
This article discusses various aspects of Pricing and Yield Management (PYM) for Online Display Advertising from the perspective of an online publisher. Its primary focus is on the pricing process and the techniques used to set and negotiate prices, but it also discusses the broader role of yield management. Both play important and complementary roles in improving a publisher's financial performance.
Vice-President, Product at Brand.net
Madhu Vudali is Vice-President, Product at Brand.net. Before Brand.net, Mr. Vudali held a variety of roles relating to pricing and yield management: Senior Director of Pricing and Yield Management for Yahoo!’s US display advertising, product manager for pricing at Rapt, and a consultant at DFI/Talus.
Independent Scholar, COO of Brand.net
Andy Atherton is COO of Brand.net. Andy has extensive experience in pricing, as Yahoo!’s VP of Global Pricing & Yield Management for display advertising; as a co-founder of Optivo, a price-optimization start-up; and as a consultant at RB Webber, developing their pricing practice.
Access to the complete content on Oxford Handbooks Online requires a subscription or purchase. Public users are able to search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter without a subscription.
If you have purchased a print title that contains an access token, please see the token for information about how to register your code.