What is a Quick search?
A Quick search looks up your term anywhere in the text of OHO.
Running a Quick search
1. Type or paste the term you want to find in the Search box.
2. Click or press Enter.
3. The results of your search are displayed in the results list.
4. Click on any of the items in the list to view it.
- To search for a phrase, enclose it in inverted commas (e.g. “to be or not to be”).
- You can use the wildcards * and ? in your search.
- Padlocked books are unavailable under your subscription.
- If you are not satisfied with your results, try an Advanced search.
Search within my specialty
You can confine your search to one or more subjects if you wish.
1. Click the checkbox:
2. Choose your subject specialty(ies) by clicking and making a choice from the list. (You can display further subcategories within a specialization by clicking the adjacent [+]. Click [-] to hide them again.)
3. Run a Quick search as usual.
- Your subject specialties are saved between sessions. You do not need to reselect them every time you choose to search.
- To switch back to running an ordinary (non-specialized) Quick search, uncheck the Search within my specialty checkbox.