Oxford Handbooks - the world's most trusted source for scholarly research reviews
Oxford Handbooks Online is an outstanding collection of the best Handbooks areas across many different subject areas. One of the most prestigious and successful strands of Oxford’s scholarly publishing, the Handbook series contains in-depth, high-level articles by scholars at the top of their field.
Oxford Handbooks Online is guided by a world-class Editorial Board that bring together the world’s leading scholars to discuss research and the latest thinking on a range of major topics. Each Handbook offers thorough introductions to topics and a critical survey of the current state of scholarship, creating an original conception of the field and setting the agenda for new research. Handbook articles review the key issues and cutting-edge debates, as well as providing arguments for how those debates might evolve.
Revolutionary changes to the publishing program ensure that all Handbooks are available online as well as in print, and monthly updates introduce articles in advance of print publication ensuring the most current, authoritative coverage.
World-class authors, in-depth coverage
- An Editor in Chief and Editorial Board of subject experts ensure accuracy, authority, and objectivity while ensuring comprehensive coverage of fast-moving disciplines
- Articles publish online first—where possible, articles publish online in advance of print—delivering current scholarly thought instantaneously, ensuring that scholars’ output is informed by the most recent developments in the field
- A robust publishing schedule allows new articles to be added monthly across all subject areas, providing researchers with immediate access to new scholarship, increasing productivity, and ensuring research is up to date
- A modern, intuitive interface, sophisticated functionality, and user tools that respond to evolving user needs in a rapidly-shifting online environment, ensuring a faster, more accurate research experience
- Personalization features allow researchers to build a personal archive of articles, searches, citations, and preferences which can be shared using a host of integrated social media tools
- Abstracts and keywords at a Handbook and article level, in combination with deep tagging and XML data, make it quicker and easier for users to find exactly the content they need
- MARC21 records, OpenURL, full text DOIs, and connections to the Oxford Index increase discoverability and seamlessly link users to the library’s catalog, building awareness and usage of library resources
An invaluable research resource
Scholarly review articles provide an in-depth overview of the field, as well as authoritative guidance, directing students onto further related content
For Researchers and Faculty
Online-first and online-only scholarly review articles ensure that scholars’ output is informed by the most recent developments in the field
Delivers classic and new scholarly works across multiple subject areas, making scholarship more accessible and discoverable than ever before, and enabling librarians to streamline their collections