Oxford Handbooks Online (OHO), the home of scholarly research reviews, is an outstanding collection of the best Handbooks in 14 subject areas. The collection of Oxford Handbooks is one of the most prestigious and successful strands of Oxford’s scholarly publishing, containing in-depth, high-level articles by scholars at the top of their field. A recently re-engineered platform and revolutionary changes to the publishing program means, for the first time, all Handbooks will be available online as well as in print, and monthly updates introduce articles in advance of print publication and beyond the book, born-digital content ensures the most current, authoritative coverage anywhere.
OHO brings together the world’s leading scholars to discuss research and the latest thinking on a range of major topics. Each Handbook offers thorough introductions to topics and a critical survey of the current state of scholarship in a particular field of study, creating an original conception of the field and setting the agenda for new research. The articles review the key issues and major debates, and provide an original argument for how those debates might evolve.
World-class authors, breadth, and depth of coverage
- An Editor in Chief and Editorial Board of subject experts ensure accuracy, authority, and objectivity and will commission online-only peer-reviewed articles expanding research in cutting edge topics, ensuring comprehensive coverage of fast-moving disciplines
- Articles publish online first—immediately upon passing through Oxford’s peer review process in advance of print publication—delivering current, scholarly thought instantaneously, ensuring that scholars’ output is informed by the most recent developments in the field
- A robust publishing schedule allows new articles to be added monthly across all subject areas, providing researchers with immediate access to new scholarship, increasing productivity and ensuring research is up to date and informed by current trends
- Modern, intuitive interface, sophisticated functionality, and new user tools that respond to the evolving user needs in a rapidly-shifting online environment, provide a faster, more accurate research experience
- Personalization features allow researchers to build a personal archive of articles, searches, citations, and preferences which can be shared using a host of integrated social media tools
- Abstracts and keywords at a Handbook and article level, in combination with deep tagging and XML data, make it easier for users to find exactly the content they need, saving researchers valuable time
- MARC21 records, OpenURL, full text DOIs, and connections to the Oxford Index increase discoverability and seamlessly link users to the library’s catalog, building awareness and usage of library resources
An invaluable research resource
Scholarly review articles provide an in-depth overview of the field and provide authoritative guidance, directing students onto further related content
For Researchers and Faculty
Peer-reviewed online-first and online-only scholarly review articles ensure that scholars’ output is informed by the most recent developments in the field
Delivers classic works of scholarship, together with newly-published works, across 14 subject areas, making scholarship more accessible and discoverable than ever before and enabling librarians to streamline their collections